I on behalf of MASUM wish to inform you that Mr. Léo Heller, Special Rapporteur on the human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation will visit Kolkata during first week of November 2017. MASUM wants to utilize his visit and submit an approach paper jointly with other concern civil society organizations regarding the status of availability of safe drinking water and situation of sanitation facility in West Bengal.
To discuss and plan further course of action, we cordially invite you on 28th October 2017 from 5.00 PM at Boi- Chittra, upper floor of Indian Coffee House; 15, Bankim Chatterjee Street, College Square, Kolkata, West Bengal 700073.
Your participation will be highly solicited.
Call for inputs on upcoming country visit to India 30 October to 10 November 2017
The Special Rapporteur on human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation will undertake an official visit to India from 30 October to 10 November 2017.
Civil society, human rights activists and other interested parties are encouraged to submit general inputs and specific proposals with regard to:
- issues of concern related to the human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation, including but not limited to:
- availability of water and sanitation (e.g., quantity of water available for each person);
- accessibility water and sanitation (e.g., facilities should be within safe physical reach, facilities should be accessible to everyone, access to services in rural area vs. urban area, piped water, sewerage network);
- quality water and sanitation (e.g., drinking water should be safe, free from micro-organism, chemical substance, and radiological hazards, how quality is monitored); and
- affordability of water and sanitation (e.g., water tariffs, social tariffs for services, disconnections of services for inability to pay).
- information on water and sanitation (e.g., information regarding quality of water).
- judicial and non-judicial remedies available in case of violation of human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation
- potential areas to visit (States, towns or communities etc)
- relevant organisations and individuals to meet in the context of the Special Rapporteur's visit to India.
Please send your inputs by 1 August 2017 to email@example.com. Please indicate "Visit to India" in the email submission.
Banglar Manabadhikar Suraksha Mancha
National Convenor (PACTI)
Programme Against Custodial Torture & Impunity
40A, Barabagan Lane (4th Floor)
Tele-Fax - +91-33-26220843
e. mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer:The information in this email is confidential and may be
legally priviledged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access
to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.If you are not the
intended recipient, disclosure,copying,distribution or any action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,it is prohibited and
may be unlawful.In such case,you should destrioy this message and
kindle notify email@example.com by reply email.