Dear Major Tomar
1) How will making prostitution legal give "poor" girls security in life ?
2) Does the sections of IMTP Act say anything about the prostitutes ? All I could decipher were sections about brothel keepers and landlords.
3) Actually the people who are calling to make prostitution legal are fronts for the mafia who have opened all these hi fi guest houses all oevr Delhi in name of CWG-2010 and mixed land use, and now are using them as brothels. making prostitution legal will simply enable professional girls from all over the worlds to come and ply their trade here openly. So to the extent that it very slightly reduces the hafta to police, shady lawyers and MCD, the IAC shall publicly support legalisation of prostitution without getting into the moral issues. It has hardly anything to do with "poor" girls which is only sleight of hand to distract the "aam aadmi"
SarbajitOn Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM, sangeeta tomar <email@example.com> wrote:
THE IMMORAL TRAFFIC (PREVENTION) ACT, 1956
Definitions.—In this Act.
(a) "brothel" includes any house, room, conveyance or place, or any portion of any house, room, conveyance or place, which is used for purposes of sexual exploitation or abuse for the gain of another person or for the mutual gain of two or more prostitute.
(j) "Trafficking police officer" means a police officer appointed by the Central Government under subsection (4) of Section 13.
3. Punishment for keeping a brothel or allowing premises to be used as a brothel.— (1) Any person who keeps or manages, or acts or assists in the keeping or management of, a brothel shall be punishable on first conviction with rigorous imprisonment for a term of not less than two years and which may extend to three years and also with fine which may extend to ten thousand rupees and in the event of a second or subsequent conviction, with rigorous imprisonment for a term which shall not be less than three years and which may extend to seven years and shall also be liable to fine which may extend to two lakh rupees
(2) a any person who,—
(a) being the tenant, lessee, occupier or person in charge of any premises, uses, or knowingly allows any other person to use, such premises or any part thereof as a brothel, or
(b) being the owner, lessor or landlord of any premises or the agent of such owner, lessor or landlord, lets the same or any part thereof with the knowledge that the same or any part thereof is intended to be used as a brothel, or is wilfully a party to the use of such premises or any part thereof as a brothel, shall be punishable on first conviction with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years and with fine which fine which may extend to two thousand rupees and in the event of a second or subsequent conviction, with rigorous imprisonment for a term which may extend to five years and also with fine.
WHY I SHARED THIS LAW POSITION WITH YOU ALL-----POINT I WISH TO MAKE
1.GB ROADS are places where women/young girls are tortured—CAN ANYONE DENY---NO
2. IS THERE NO LAW------NO---------Law is in place and clear --- any knowingly allows any other person to use such premises as brothel –imprisonment two years
3. How many of the owners are accused, tried and punished under this section 2 of this Act till date.
4. Has Govt appointed trafficking police officer in these area-----if YES---- then what are they doing?
5. IF THE LAW IS IMPLIMENTED CAN AREAS LIKE GB ROAD EXIST---NO
6.ORGANISATIONS AS HUGE AS CRY COLLECT MONEY FROM PUBLIC FOR THESE GIRLS TO REHABILITATE THEM ------------WILL THAT MONEY BE REQUIRED IF THERE ARE NO SUCH AREAS.
7.DO WE NEED MONEY TO CLOSE THESE AREAS-------NO
THEN WHY DONT EVERYONE ASK GOVT (WHO EVER IS IN POWER) TO IMPLIMENT THIS LAW
SCRAP THIS LAW AND MAKE PROSTITUTIONS LEGAL SO THAT THESE POOR GIRLS AT LEAST HAVE SOME SECURITY IN LIFE AND HAVE LEGAL RIGHTS.
NOW YOU ALL KNOW THE LEGAL POSITION------------------ITS TIME FOR YOU AND NGO'S LIKE CRY TO START THINKING AND ACT --------------HOW?
1. FILE FIR AGAINST THESE OWNERS!
2. STOP FUNDING AND DONATING TO BIG NGO'S LIKE CRY FOR REHBILITATING THESE GIRLS BECAUSE THIS KEEPS THE MONEY IN CIRCULATION FOR WRONG PURPOSES.INFACT CRY NOG SEND YOUNG GIRLS DOOR TO DOOR TO COLLECT MONEY FOR THE NGO EXPOSING THESE GIRLS TO DANGER OF BEING RAPED.
WWW : http://indiaagainstcorruption.net.in
WWW : http://indiaagainstcorruption.net.in
Saturday, January 5, 2013
Re: [IAC#RG] caring for girls and women
Dear Mr Sarbajit,
I do agree with what you have written ,but what I was thinking is like you close the rats holes then rats will have no place to breed.At these places ,though I haven't visited but heard from people small girls are forcibly kept and tortured.So if the owners of these places are booked then I am sure the crime against these children will reduce if not come to end.
I had expressed my thought but it you feel its not ok then you can make a suggestion.What is important is to save these minor girls.I feel for them as I am a mother too.I may not be too wise but I have right intentions.
But I am so happy you spared your time at least,some don't even do that.
On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 1:36 AM, Sarbajit Roy <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: